Saturday, October 13, 2012

Edna

This is Edna. She was my first attempt at beading on a fabric stuffed form. She is also very large over twelve inches tall and completely covered in beads. I also used a curved beading needle for the first time as well as beaded loop hair. She took a long time and tons of beads. I used quite a few #06 seed beads, most on their sides with smaller beads holding them in place. I kept running out of the larger beads so had to keep sending for more. I ran out of hair beads three times because I just couldn't seem to figure out how many that kind of beading takes! I made her for a very special family member who is bi-racial smack in the middle of a very white family. Being bi-racial is proving to be hard on her now that she's started school so I made the doll so it more resembles her features. In my eyes she's beautiful, not just the doll, but more-so my sweet darling great-niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment